You have a solid business plan, a passionate team, and a life-changing concept for your startup. In addition, you have successfully managed to raise a large sum of capital, and things are about to scale at an exponential speed. However, doing things as they were always done is not going to cut it anymore. You now have stakeholders and investors who are counting on you to make things work. So, what you need now is project management software that helps entrepreneurs like yourself make optimal use of all available resources.
So, why should you invest in project management software? Isn’t that for big corporations and enterprises?
Wrong! How your startup chooses to handle its project management will directly affect the longevity of your business.
Proper project management software assists in managing resources and tracking each task item. It also helps ensure you meet deadlines by allowing you to schedule the entire process for a project. In addition, the proper tool will facilitate transparency and have a range of other beneficial features to provide your start-up with a genuine chance of success.
The importance of a project management tool cannot be exaggerated. So, to help you pick the right tool for your company, we went ahead and listed the top three software tools available in the market today. It will allow you to compare the benefits of each platform and choose what best suits you and your team.
Let’s dive right in.
Looking for easy-to-use software to help improve team collaboration?
Monday.com, formerly daPulse, is a project management software program that facilitates precisely that.
It is a cloud-based tool with a fantastic user interface that has been designed with user experience in mind. The intuitive dashboards and customizable features help teams make highly informed decisions while staying aligned with the company vision.
Its project management features include but are not excluded to:
- Granting external stakeholders and clients access to a portal that provides them with a timeline of their relevant projects and associated tasks.
- Every task is color-coded to ease visibility and tracking. Clients can also sync the timeline with their calendars.
- Projects are displayed in Gantt charts and Kanban boards for better visualization.
- Repetitive and recurring tasks are automated to help increase team productivity. These include alerts and other duplicated tasks.
- Powerful third-party integrations are supported with additional software such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Jira Zoom, Microsoft 365, and Google Workspace. It helps streamline the flow of data within your company and external stakeholders to simplify workflow and processes.
- Monday.com has a web version for desktops and an app for mobile devices, making it easier to access critical project-related information instantly.
Are you looking for a feature-heavy solution that will facilitate the management of a more spread-out and remote workforce?
Wrike was built by Andrew Filev when he had to manage a growing consultant business with teams working remotely in different locations.
It is a SaaS team and project management solution with a multi-pane user experience which also helps with project management and team collaboration. In addition, the tool provides a diverse set of project management capabilities, such as team communication, tracking employee availability, and viewing at-risk projects.
Team members may examine the status of all their projects in one place with entirely customizable team dashboards. To make faster decisions, teams can also schedule and share bespoke interactive reports.
Wrike has a range of robust features that address all aspects of a project that needs managing. Some of these features are:
- An overarching folder structure to categorize and separate all projects
- The ability to store granular project information while assigning control of a project to a single owner.
- Visual tracking of each project-related task and the specific actions required to complete it. The chosen project owner can assign work to individuals or teams with clearly stated parameters and expected outcomes.
- Team members can insert essential comments into a folder, project, or task level.
- It has drag-and-drop capabilities to improve ease of use and efficiency in planning and scheduling a project.
- The software integrates with several external third-party platforms to help improve data flow, information management, and business intelligence.
With a tagline that says, ‘One app to replace them all,’ ClickUp is considered one of the most comprehensive project management platforms available that help companies tackle a wide range of challenges.
Their software includes tools for program management as well as documents, timetables, and reminders. They also provide tools for communication and remote team management, among other things. In addition, users can build bespoke dashboards to address the dynamic needs of any project. It includes remote tasks as well as projects which are in progress, undergoing review, or finished.
Aside from that, ClickUp provides resource planning that integrates business units, goal setting, and a range of integrations with other applications.
There are several reasons why ClickUp is a highly rated choice in the project management field. Some of those are:
- The software has powerful tools to suit team collaboration as well as solo users. It has an easy-to-understand interface with a range of features to manage daily activities.
- Intuitive dashboard that provides clear visualization of information to gain quick insights on project’s progress. This is the principal feature that separates ClickUp from the rest.
- The free version of the software is equipped with several features from the paid version. It is a clear benefit to all entrepreneurs as it helps you allocate capital to scale your business in other areas.
- It is clear that ClickUp cares about its users as the software is constantly updated with new features and tools to provide better insights and improve workflow.
- The company’s goal is to prevent start-ups and enterprises from having more than one application to manage projects and instead rely on a single platform to boost productivity and efficiency.