A lot goes into a week for every entrepreneur. We try our best to try to be efficient and productive. Sometimes we’re successful, sometimes we crash and burn. It’s also difficult to know what we should be doing weekly so that we our getting the most out of our work week.
Thankfully, Entrepreneur Magazine has published a short video to remind us of what it takes to make a productive happen. If you don’t have time to watch the video (you may be booking yourself too tight) here is a quick rundown:
1. Stop Planning and Start Doing– This is something you’ve heard us echo in articles we’ve posted and on Facebook. Planning is great. But you need to know that planning is not the same thing as action.
2. Don’t Say Yes to Every Request-Theres always going to be opportunities. But saying yes to every opportunity will stifle your productivity. Learn to say no and you will free up your week to do the things that are the most important.
3. Don’t Be a Perfectionist-If you spend too much time trying to make everything perfect, your other priorities will begin to pile up.
4. Get Everything Out of Your Head-Ideas, plans, and responsibilities should be written down or added to a device. Don’t rely on your brain to remember everything you need to do.
5. Review and Measure Your Accomplishments-If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. Be sure you review your week to see what works and what doesn’t. Use that info to adjust your actions for the following week.
Pingback: The Best of Productivity Week - Startup MindsetStartup Mindset