As an entrepreneur and business leader, you are probably quite familiar with the name, Elon Musk. An entrepreneurial powerhouse, Musk is a business magnate whose leadership philosophies and daring risks have transcended the world market. His openness to criticism and ever evolving business mindset has catapulted Musk to one of the world’s wealthiest and greatest entrepreneurs of our time.
South African born Musk is the current CEO and founder of SpaceX, an aerospace manufacturer and space transport company whose goal is to make space travel more inexpensive and the colonization of Mars possible. Musk’s other lucrative initiatives also include being a co-founder to Tesla, Inc., Neuralink and SolarCity. One of Musk’s most well-known ventures is being a co-founder of X.com, a company who later merged with Confinity.com. This merger then formed and became the now well-known and respected payment processing juggernaut, PayPal. You can check out our post on all businesses owned by Elon Musk here.
In 2016, Musk was ranked number 21 as one of the World’s Most Powerful People by Forbes Magazine. In 2020, his estimated net worth is over 93.7 billion, placing him as one the wealthiest people in America. You can tell where his priorities are by the way Musk spends his money. He reinvests his wealth towards his companies in hopes to create change in the world. He also plans to put the majority of his wealth towards colonizing Mars in an attempt to ensure the human race’s survival.
As an ode to this amazing entrepreneur, we have highlighted 25 of the most influential and inspiring quotes from Elon Musk. They are real, raw and a true testament as to what has led this entrepreneur to success with his innovative dreams and out of this world ideas.
- “My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone’s talent and not someone’s personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart.”
- “I don’t create companies for the sake of creating companies, but to get things done.”
- “Really pay attention to negative feedback and solicit it, particularly from friends. … Hardly anyone does that, and it’s incredibly helpful.”
- “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.”
- What makes innovative thinking happen?… I think it’s really a mindset. You have to decide.”
- “Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and staring into the abyss of death.”
- Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.”
- “I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.”
- “The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.”
- “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you’re not innovating enough.”
- “When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, ‘Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?’ That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.”
- “Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change as the alternative is disaster.”
- “It’s OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.”
- “I always have optimism, but I’m realistic. It was not with the expectation of great success that I started Tesla or SpaceX…. It’s just that I thought they were important enough to do anyway.”
- “People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.”
- “Constantly seek criticism. A well thought out critique of whatever you’re doing is as valuable as gold.”
- “I’m not trying to be anyone’s savior. I’m just trying to think about the future and not be sad.”
- “It is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
- “You get paid in direct proportion to the difficulty of problems you solve.”
- “No, I don’t ever give up. I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.”
- “The first step is to establish that something is possible then probability will occur.”
- Starting and growing a business is as much about the innovation, drive, and determination of the people behind it as the product they sell.”
- “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.”
- “You shouldn’t do things differently just because they’re different. They need to be… better.”
- “It’s very important to like the people you work with, otherwise life [and] your job is gonna be quite miserable.”
Want to know more about how Elon Musk made his money? Check out our article Here is How Elon Musk Made His Money and How He Spends It.
Pingback: 7 Traits Top eCommerce Entrepreneurs Share - Web Design Market
Pingback: Fixed and Growth Mindsets in Math Curriculum | Education and Curriculum
Pingback: 5 Challenges to You'll Face as a Solopreneur and How to Overcome Them - StartUp Mindset